MUSIC VIDEO PITCH - By Rob Brandon
Here is the latest J-Lo video for Booty featuring Iggy Azealia. Like most new music video directors I have to write a pitch before I shoot anything. Some videos I watch and think “how did they get that to look good on paper?”. I’m pretty sure Hype Williams doesn’t have to pitch ideas the same way I do. But, here’s how I would have done it:
J-Lo ft. Iggy Izalea – Booty Treatment from Hype Williams
To accompany this powerful song we will create a cinematic, artistic and timeless classic.
Impossible to ignore: A truly striking metaphorical film based on the undiluted & fascinating subject of holes.
Black Holes - Black holes are assumed to be collapsed objects, usually stars, which have become so dense that within a certain radius their escape velocity exceeds the speed of light.
Wormhole - A wormhole is a hypothetical topological feature of spacetime that would fundamentally be a "shortcut" through space.
The Rabbit Hole - Alice in Wonderland is an 1865 novel written by English authorLewis Carroll. It tells of a girl named Alice who falls down a rabbit hole into a fantasy world populated by peculiar, anthropomorphic creatures.
- Enormous countdown preparing our viewers for a mind-blowing trip down the rabbit hole!
EXPLOSION SOUND EFFECTS.
CUT TO BLACK.
- CU – Establishing shot of J-lo’s arsehole.
- Opening Montage – J-lo & Iggy put their arsehole’s on each other repeatedly.
(Insert HUGE Director Credit)
- (Chorus) Cont. from Opening Montage - J-lo & Iggy put their arsehole’s on each other some more.
- (Verse 1) J-lo establishes her independence by no longer putting her arsehole on Iggy. Instead she secures the location by putting her arsehole on the walls.
- J-lo is now crawling on the floor. Naturally she is making sure to really stick out her arsehole. (By now our audience will be able to tell that this film is about space, time travel & classic fantasy literature.)
- Also J-lo is now wet. (Please watch any video she has ever been in for examples of how well she can do ‘wet’.)
- J-lo and Iggy touch eachother’s bare skin a lot. They cuddle and get close. (It’s important that we show the audience how supportive they are to each other in real life circumstances)
- J-lo then pulls apart her butt-cheeks making it really easy to picture an arsehole. (But without being TOO obvious about it)
- To close the film J-lo smokes a cigarette (retro) to remind her 14-year-old audience that it’s okay to do that kind of thing if you spend all day writing complex songs about quantum physics.
- END -